Blue Cheese Burger The Blue Cheese Burger is a small twist to an American classic that is sure to impress. This recipe is your secret WIN for the holiday weekend – making a successful
July 4th Cook Out Recipes
Dated: June 25 2020
Blue Cheese Burger
The Blue Cheese Burger is a small twist to an American classic that is sure to impress. This recipe is your secret WIN for the holiday weekend – making a successful Blue Cheese Burger is no easy feat. If you’re like the Gomez family and like to add a little “extra” to your burgers, this will bring a special touch to your 4th of July Celebration. Here’s the Gomez Family’s favorite Blue Cheese Burger recipe: spoiler alert – you’ll be mixing the Blue Cheese directly into the patty mixture!
Tip: Refrain from using extra lean hamburger meat. Given the amount of cheese, the burger will become dry.
● 1 pound ground beef (16-20%)
● 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
● 2 cloves minced garlic
● 2 green onions, chopped
● 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
● 1 egg
● 1 tablespoon water
● Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Mix ingredients: Gently mix ground beef, mustard, garlic, onions, blue cheese, water, egg, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix until ingredients are just incorporated. Be careful to not over-mix.
2 Shape into patties and chill: Shape into patties, about 1/2 inch thick and larger than your bun. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
3 Season and grill the burgers: Season patties with salt and pepper. Make sure grill is clean and well oiled. Using high and direct heat, place the patties grill. Grill the burgers for about 5 minutes per side. Do not press down on the burgers while cooking.
Recipe by Simply Recipes
Mom’s Potato Salad
Everyone loves a great potato salad recipe - it seems as if it's always a hit at any barbecue gathering. A Gomez Family 4th of July Cookout is never complete without a Mom’s Potato Salad. One great thing about this side dish is the ability to "customize" it - adding in dill, or tarragon, eggs, etc. Potato salad is a side dish that is as unique and varied as the burger toppings at each family gathering. Express your independence with a personalized family Potato Salad.
The first step in making a great Potato Salad is preparing the potatoes. We recommend using small waxy potatoes. They cook quickly and there is no need to chop them.
To cook the potatoes, we simmer them in salted water.
First, add a generous amount of salt into your pot of water. Bring the water to a gentle simmer and add the potatoes whole. The potatoes are cooked when you can push a fork through the middle. After cooked, drain the potatoes and cool them for 2-3 minutes. After cool, Peel the potatoes. Potatoes will peel easier after they are cooked.
The dressing is a combination of Mayonnaise, Sour Cream, and Yellow Mustard. While many people use just Mayonnaise, we find that it can make the dressing heavy. The Sour Cream will lighten the dressing, while the yellow mustard will give it a kick of flavor and a bit of color.
Dice the cooked potatoes, add a tablespoon of vinegar, then add to the dressing.
Other Ingredients: These ingredients are preferential. If any of these additional ingredients sound unappealing, feel free to remove them.
Celery and Pickles – The celery adds a great crunch to the salad, while the pickles add that perfect hint flavor.
Red Onion – We love the sweetness and crunch of the red onion. To make sure the onion does not overpower the dish, we like to add the chopped onions to cool water for 10 minutes, prior to adding into the dish. This will decrease the “raw onion” flavor.
Hard-Boiled Egg – This ingredient is optional, however, we think the egg adds a great layer to the potato salad. A chopped hard-boiled egg will add amazing texture and creaminess to the salad.
Fresh Herbs – The most common herbs are parsley and chives. Dill, cilantro, and tarragon also go well with the salad. Experiment for yourself and find the best combination that suits you.
Recipe by Inspired Taste
Camp Fire Cupcakes
Who doesn’t love a great cupcake? This one has it all - salty and sweet. The Campfire Cupcake is the perfect dessert for your July 4th celebration. These cupcakes are easy to make and are sure to “WOW” your guests.
1. Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 350° and line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
2. Bake Cupcake Batter: Prepare cake batter according to the Devil’s food cake mix package instructions. Divide batter between cupcake pans and bake for about 20 minutes. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely.
3. Make Buttercream: Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined. Add vanilla, heavy cream, and salt until combined.
4. Color Buttercream: Divide the Buttercream between two bowls. Add orange food coloring to one bowl and yellow food coloring to the other.
5. Assemble Cupcakes: Fill a large piping bag with the orange and yellow buttercream. Alternate between orange and yellow when filling. Use a large star tip on the piping bag. Decorate the cupcakes with pretzel sticks and mini marshmallows. To decorate, arrange the pretzel sticks standing up, around the buttercream. Skewer two mini marshmallows with a toothpick and place in the buttercream.
Recipe by Delish
Get those Cocktail Shakers out because we are making drinks at our July 4th cookout. The mojito is the cocktail of the summer and will go great at any July 4th celebration... Plus it is a perfect complement to the Blue Cheese Burger! Enjoy!
- White Rum
- Lime Juice
- Fresh Mint
- Club Soda
- Sweetener (Simple Syrup)
ICE AND SHAKE: The key to a perfect drink is lots of ice and heavy shaking.
Associate Broker License 2011Philadelphia Magazine Five Star Award Winner ~ 10 consecutive years starting in 2010Main Line Today Top Realtor 2020Forbes Magazine Top ....